During their meeting on July 19, the Sarpy County Board approved to implement architectural and engineering services from DLR Group Inc. to renovate Werner Park to become compliant with the MLB’s new standards. These requirements are a result of the MLB’s transformation of the minor league system.
MLB improvements will include:
• Female Staff – Renovation of existing storage rooms into female staff locker rooms.
• Weight Room – Expand weight room into existing lounge space and add three new doors for security/privacy.
• Home Locker Room – Provide two new lockers and ADA bench.
• Laundry Room – Add laundry sink and renovate space to accommodate new/larger washers and dryers including new trench drain and housekeeping pad.
• Player’s Lounge – Renovate existing storage room into Player’s Lounge.
• Batting Cage – Raise height of existing batting cage tunnels to minimum of 12’ above finish floor.
• Batter’s Eye – Extend height of existing batter’s eye to 30’ minimum above field level.
Capital improvements will also be made, including a new paved vehicular entrance ramp at the southeast corner of the ballpark, concrete and striping repair at the crosswalk outside Gate 2 west of the ballpark, and carpet replacement in the Storm Chasers administrative offices. Construction is anticipated to begin in October with completion by March 15, 2023. Learn more at dlrgroup.com/work/werner-park.