The former Pella Lutheran Church, located at 303 S. 41st Street (41st and Farnam), has been transformed into “The Pella at Blackstone,” a full-service event facility which officially opened its doors for business in November. Located just east of the University of Nebraska Medical Center, the renovation is part of the revitalization of the Blackstone area of Omaha.
Abraham Catering recently hosted an invitation-only grand opening on October 22 to show off the remodeled space. Brad Iwen, owner of Iwen Exposures and president of the Blackstone Business District, purchased the building for $253,000 in March 2014. He has spent more than $300,000 on renovations and improvements to the building since.
Originally built in 1952, the building has found new purpose hosting weddings, wedding receptions, holiday gatherings, parties, and fundraisers. The 6,500-square foot main floor space offers seating for 250 guests. A former choir loft functions as a lounge, offering additional cocktail/reception space. The facility is available for rental mornings, afternoons, and evenings until midnight.