Is Your Website ADA Compliant?
Is your company looking to extend its marketing reach while avoiding potential legal action? Lawsuits against companies is an emerging trend when they fail to provide accessibility for people with disabilities. Businesses worry about the expense and time in ensuring accessibility, especially for online and digital platforms, but making your website unusable by disabled people could mean lost customers for your business.
- According to the CDC, 61 million American adults (26%) have a disability.
- UsableNet estimates that in 2019, a new ADA website lawsuit was filed every working hour, totaling 40 a week and more than 2,000 per year.
Finding people who understand accessibility to test online and digital content is strongly recommended. Using real-life people who understand accessibility is key. Expectations with collaborators should be set up-front, which includes graphic designers, content managers, and writers. Some key accessibility concerns to address include:
- Avoid “click here” links and vague link names
- Reduce cluttered pages
- Use headings
- Keep formatting simple
- Use tables selectively
- Label your photos and icons with alt-text so screen reader users understand these visual items.
Outlook Business Solutions provides accessibility testing for organizations and companies. Skilled technicians test various aspects of your online/digital platforms and provide suggestions you can implement to ensure your content meets with ADA and WCAG guidelines. We can:
- Conduct a thorough review of your website to identify any accessibility obstacles including missing alt text for images, incorrectly labeled buttons, and navigational errors.
- Run diagnostics, analyzing the accessibility of your website and/or app.
The digital world is moving toward a standard of full accessibility for websites and platforms. Be a leader in your community and your industry by ensuring your company adopts best accessibility practices, and reap the added benefits of an expanded market and reduced legal risk.
Call today for a free initial evaluation of your website. People who know accessibility best—those with disabilities—will review your site and ensure it works for everyone. Learn more about why equal access to your website and mobile app is so important in the white paper you can download from our website.
(531) 365-5055 | OutlookBusinessSolutions.com