MCF Donates $28K of Golf Tournament Proceeds to Local Non-Profits
On May 21, Midlands Community Foundation (MCF; www.MidlandsCommunity.org) held its annual 2018 Golf Tournament at Platteview Golf Club. This event generated a total of $28,000. Net proceeds were donated to several local non-profit organizations that provide services to children in crisis in Sarpy and Cass counties, including:
- Big Brothers Big Sisters of the Midlands ($3,000)
- Project Harmony ($3,000)
- Fontenelle Forest ($2,500)
- HELP Adult Services ($2,500)
- Papillion Volunteer Fire Department ($2,500)
- Share A Fare, Inc. ($2,500)
The remainder of the net proceeds were donated to three additional non-profits:
- $6,000 to Make-A-Wish Nebraska to help pay for Haye’s wish to travel from Gretna to Clearwater, Florida, so he can be in the water and sand.
- $3,000 to HETRA to sponsor Dude, one of the organization’s therapy horses.
- $3,000 to Cass County CASA to help fund the organization’s Kids Club program.
MCF manages more than 115 charitable funds that serve an array of needs in the communities in the areas of health, art, culture, community, economic development, education, and human services. These charitable funds donated just shy of $1 million into the community this past year. For more information, contact Midlands Community Foundation at (402) 991-8027 or visit www.MidlandsCommunity.org.