Humanities Nebraska (HN) (humanitiesnebraska.org) is proud to announce that they have awarded Omaha nonprofit organizations with numerous scholarships.
- African Culture Connection was awarded $5,715 to help support summer enrichment programs.
- Circle Theatre was awarded $1,000 supporting “The Tales of Chelm.”
- Great Plains Theatre Commons was awarded $5,000 to help fund the 2023 New Play Conference.
- Kindair at the Benson Theatre was awarded $728 in support of the spring edition of “Conversations withMichelle Troxclair” and $700 for a related DEIA workshop.
- Nebraska Poetry Society was awarded $800 for Spring 2023 events, $1,400 for Fall 2023 events and $718 to help fund the 2023 reading series.
- Partners for Livable Omaha was awarded $2,000 supporting “Friction, Feedback and Failure: A Brief History of Noise Music” discussion & the Noisefest event.
- Together We Achieve Miracles, Inc was awarded $1,000 for multimedia equipment.
- Tri-Faith Initiative was awarded $5,000 for their 2023 Race, Religion and Social Justice Conference.
- University of Nebraska at Omaha Board of Regents was awarded $2,000 for “Making Barlaam & Josaphat,” $2,000 in support of “Nobody’s Listening” and $2,000 for the Winchell Lecture with Kathleen Belew.
Humanities Nebraska is a statewide nonprofit that is celebrating 50 years of helping people explore what connects us and makes us human. HN is funded in part by the National Endowment for the Humanities, an appropriation from the Nebraska Legislature, private donations and the Nebraska Cultural Endowment. Visit humanitiesnebraska.org for more information.