Medicaid Expands Adult Health Benefits for Low-Income Nebraskans
The Nebraska Department of Health and Human Services (DHHS); (dhhs.ne.gov/medicaidexpansion) began accepting applications on August 1 for Heritage Health Adult, with benefits beginning October 1, 2020. Heritage Health Adult expands Medicaid to low-income Nebraskans ages 19 to 64 who earn up to 138% of the federal poverty level. For 2020, this is an income of about $17,000 per year for a single adult or $36,000 for a household of four.
Medicaid expansion enrollees will receive benefits that include physical health, behavioral health, and pharmacy coverage in a comprehensive, coordinated program. Benefits are provided through managed care health organizations, also known as Heritage Health Plans. Applicants meeting certain conditions will also qualify for dental, vision, and over-the-counter medication coverage.
Eligible Nebraskans are able to apply for Medicaid in the following ways:
- Online at www.ACCESSNebraska.ne.gov
- Over the phone by calling ACCESS Nebraska at:
- Omaha – (402) 595-1178
- Lincoln – (402) 473-7000
- Toll Free – (855) 632-7633
- TDD – (402) 471-7256
- By paper application (which may be downloaded from AccessNebraska.ne.gov):
- By fax at (402) 742-2351
- By email at DHHS.ANDICenter@nebraska.gov
- By mail at P.O. Box 2992, Omaha, NE 68103-2992
- In person at any DHHS office
Additional information regarding Medicaid expansion is available on the DHHS website at dhhs.ne.gov/medicaidexpansion.