Register now for Poynter’s Beat Academy (www.poynter.org/shop/reporting-editing/beat-academy-2024), a webinar series kicking off in February that “equips journalists with beat expertise, data know-how and excellent local and national sources.” Attend all or some of the weekly webinars, which will cover timely topics like climate change, the presidential election, transgender medical care and the economy.
In this course, you will:
- Gain a better understanding of the simple and complex issues driving trends in your community.
- Broaden your source network to include local and national experts.
- Learn what data is available to support your reporting, and how to access and use it.
- Gather a robust list of story ideas specific to your community.
- Network with fellow journalists who share your passion for storytelling, contextualizing and helping citizens.
Attend all or some of these expert and resource-rich webinars that focus on emerging and evolving community trends. Webinars take place Thursdays from 1 to 2:30 p.m. Eastern; replays will be available for all enrollees. Beat Academy is $75 for the entirety of the series. Attend all webinars or pick and choose the ones that most interest you and will benefit your coverage area.
Beat Academy is designed for any journalist at any stage in their career who wants to get the latest information about emerging beats, trends and issues impacting the communities they cover. Learn more and register for the webinars at www.poynter.org/shop/reporting-editing/beat-academy-2024.