Nebraska Builders Home & Garden Show Coming Soon
The Lancaster Event Center at 84th & Havelock in Lincoln will feature more than 250 exhibitors at the 46th Annual Nebraska Builders Home & Garden Show produced by the Home Builders Association of Lincoln (www.hbal.org). It will be held February 9-11 in Pavilions 1 and 4; hours are Friday 1 – 9 p.m., Saturday 10 a.m. – 8 p.m., and Sunday 10 a.m. – 5 p.m. Admission is $8, or $7 with donation of a non-perishable food item for the Lincoln Food Bank, and free for children 12 and under.
The Show will have great ideas for landscaping, decorating, remodeling or building a new home. It features the latest products for both for the do-it-yourselfer and those who want to hire a professional. Whether wanting to talk to builders or see new products, the Show is an outstanding opportunity to get ideas.
Special features include:
- HBAL Stage – The stage will feature presentations by Wildlife Encounters, Custom Blinds & Design, REALTORS Association of Lincoln, Nebraska Commission for the Deaf and Hard of Hearing, VirtuActive 3D Drafting & Design and Lincoln Landscaping.
- Food Bank House – Remodelers Council of Lincoln built a frame house and will fill the walls with non-perishable food. Each year more than 4,000 lbs. of food is donated to the Food Bank of Lincoln.
- High School Interior & Residential Design Contest – 46th annual event with entries from area high school students on display during the Show. Cash prizes are given for first, second and third place in both categories.
- “If I Could Build a House” Art Contest – Grade school students who participated will have their artwork on display. Individual winners received $50 from HBAL.
- Kid’s Square – Fun activities for kids including balloon creations, face painting, magic shows, kids’ projects and a bounce house.
For more information, go to www.hbal.org/builders-home-garden-show.