YMCA Collaborates with Blue Cross Blue Shield of Nebraska for Free Flu-Shot Clinics
YMCA of Greater Omaha (metroymca.org) is collaborating with Blue Cross and Blue Shield of Nebraska (BCBSNE) to hold 14 free flu-vaccination clinics at YMCA’s across the state. Clinics will be open to anyone between ages 9 and 64 at no cost, whether they have health-insurance coverage or not. BCBSNE Chief Medical Officer Dr. Debra Esser said the goal is to be there for all Nebraskans who need a flu shot and to help protect the state from a COVID-19 and influenza “twindemic” this year. Vaccinations will be administered by OccuVAX, an independent company contracted by BCBSNE and covered by most major healthinsurance plans, and BCBSNE will cover the cost of all other shots provided at these clinics. Pre-registration is strongly preferred, though not required, at NebraskaBlue.com/YMCAFluShot.
Clinics will be hosted in the Omaha area at the following locations and times, with others scheduled in Holdrege, Lexington, McCook, Columbus, South Sioux City, Lincoln, and Beatrice:
• Twin Rivers YMCA, 6100 Twin Rivers Circle, Valley, NE – Monday, November 9, 8-11 a.m.
• Downtown YMCA, 430 S. 20th St. – Tuesday, November 10, 8-11 a.m.
• Southwest YMCA, 13010 Atwood Ave. – Wednesday, November 11, 8-11 a.m.
• Armbrust YMCA, 5404 S. 168th St. – Wednesday, November 11, 5-8 p.m.
• Sarpy YMCA, 1111 E. First St., Papillion – Thursday, November 12, 8-11 a.m.
• Maple Street YMCA, 7502 Maple St. – Friday, November 13, 8-11 a.m.
• Butler-Gast YMCA, 3501 Ames Ave. – Saturday, November 14, 9 a.m. – 12 p.m.
The YMCA of Greater Omaha is dedicated to building healthy, confident, and connected communities through recreation and personal growth. For more information, visit metroymca.org or call (402) 341-1600.