Jennie Edmundson Foundation’s COVID-19 Response Fund Makes Meaningful Impact
When COVID-19 first hit, the Jennie Edmundson Foundation (jehfoundation.org) quickly established the COVID-19 Response Fund to lessen the burden on the health care systems. Thanks to community support and funding, the Fund has been able to:
- Assist uninsured and/or underinsured low-income patients to cover COVID-19 related healthcare costs
- Provide financial help with necessary living expenses and housing for vulnerable patients
- Ensure that hospitals have sufficient personal protection equipment, supplies, and medical equipment so that health care workers can stay healthy while caring for patients
- Provide pandemic-related training and resources to physicians, nurses, and hospital staff
- Aid in the hiring of additional nurses and caregivers to meet the increased demand
The Fund has been successful, but donations must continue in order to ensure that even the most vulnerable residents can be protected and to keep our health care workers safe as the pandemic continues. More information is available on the Jennie Edmundson Foundation’s website, jehfoundation.org.