Community Health Charities Awards Curt Gordon Memorial Foundation Grants
Community Health Charities of Nebraska (www.chcne.org), soon to be CHAD (Combined Health Agencies Drive), announced the 2019 Curt Gordon Memorial Foundation grant recipients. Distributions made from the endowment fund are generated by funds from donors above and beyond the annual workplace campaigns across the state. Six of the organization’s 22 member charities received programming grants this year:
- Autism Action Partnership: $3,000 to fund the Circle of Friends program in 10 schools.
- Arthritis Foundation Nebraska: $2,000 to send two kids to JA summer camp and a $500 sponsorship for JA Family Day.
- Brain Injury Alliance of Nebraska: $1,500 to fund outreach to one organization to train employees to screen, identify, and manage brain injury.
- Crohn’s and Colitis Foundation, Nebraska/Iowa Chapter: $2,500 to fund two scholarships for Camp Oasis.
- JDRF International – Heartland Chapter, Lincoln and Greater Nebraska: $3,250 to fund two family movie days in greater Nebraska.
- Kidney: $3,850 to provide approximately 230 detection screenings in conjunction with CHAD workplace giving campaigns in 2019.
- UCP: $5,500 to fully fund the expansion of the Go Baby Go program to greater Nebraska.
Community Health Charities of Nebraska also announced the winner of the first-ever Community Choice grant on its website: www.chcne.org. The $1,000 grant recipient was chosen by community vote. Learn more by calling (402) 614-8500 (state office).