Greater Omaha Chamber – CODE Education Series (Online)
August 10 @ 1:30 pm - 4:30 pm
Join the Greater Omaha Chamber via Zoom on August 10 for their Code Education Series, Blueprint for Change: Creating Sustaining Equity and Justice Work.
In this session, Katherine MacHolmes (she, her), founder of Collective Futures Design Lab, will emphasize the necessity for an aligned, intentional strategy for building sustainable organizational equity and justice. Whether an organization is starting from scratch or coalescing all of its moving parts and existing work into a holistic strategy with vision and intention, the session will highlight the following tactics for building your blueprint:
1. Building the Baseline: to create meaningful organizational work, we need to begin with establishing organizational strengths, readiness, risk, and resistance baselines,
2. Dreaming as Strategy: Use dreaming about the future of the organization as a compass for building the work.
3. Collective Architecture: Understand and identify all of the parts of the organization in which equity and justice can be enhanced, leveraged, and multiplied in organic ways.
4. Rally Your Champions: In change work, there is natural resistance. Find and invest in your change champions and bridge builders to care for the natural tension of change-based work.
5. Create Organizational Integrity: Creating integrity is having a clear, focused, and intentionally designed program to vertically and horizontally skill up the organization’s members to meet the challenge of the vision.
6. Align, Assess, Realign: Mapping the follow-up must be a part of the blueprint’s development and implementation plan. How and when will the organization map its successes and its opportunities?
Attendees will have access to these tactics and discussion with each other and Katherine about approaching blueprint development, as well as other burning questions which naturally arise when we dream about change work.