3D Mammography Now Available at Methodist Jennie Edmundson
Next month is Breast Cancer Awareness Month…have you scheduled your mammogram?
The Methodist Jennie Edmundson Breast Health Center is now offering state-of-the-art 3D mammography to its patients. Here are some reasons why you may want to consider 3D:
Why is there a need for 3D mammography breast exams? What are the benefits?
- 3D mammography finds cancers that may be missed with conventional 2D mammography.
- A short X-Ray sweep technique allows multiple slices to be taken with low dose exposures.
- 3D imaging uses a low dose X-ray during the exam – equivalent to that of a 2D mammogram of the same view, while maintaining excellent image quality.
What should I expect during the 3D mammography screening exam?
- There is no additional compression required and it only takes a few seconds longer for each view.
- Take your mammography exam to a whole new place. For more information or questions call (402) 354-1708.
The Jennie Edmundson Foundation is the fundraising arm of Methodist Jennie Edmundson Hospital. By engaging philanthropic leaders, those with the organization are able to help make certain that the equipment, facilities, programs, services and educational initiatives at MJE continue to meet community needs. For more information about the JE Foundation and how you can get involved visit www.jehfoundation.org.