Your One Stop Events Spot in Omaha
- This event has passed.
The Durham Museum’s 5th annual Great Hall-oween Haunt
October 24, 2017 @ 5:00 pm - 8:00 pm
The Durham Museum’s 5th annual Great Hall-oween Haunt will be held Tuesday, October 24, from 5-8PM (NEW EXTENDED TIME). The community is invited to a trick-or-treat experience like no other!
Grab a trick-or-treat bag in the Suzanne and Walter Scott Great Hall and head out to find historical characters stationed throughout the museum handing out yummy treats. Visit them in the One Room Schoolhouse, Buffett Grocery Store, Steam Engine, Streetcar, Log Cabin and other areas.
Other activities include:
- Visit our Creepy Curator to discover what ghoulish odds and ends she has in her lab
- Tour the Haunted Train and make your way through our Cobweb Caboose
- Join the mad scientist “Dr. Oxygen” for a spooktacular science show
- The Swanson “Ghoulery” carnival is full of ghostly games including Boo Bowling, Spider Sling and Frankenstein Operation!
- Try your hand at spin art with Mangelsen’s and make yourself a spooky spider hat
- The Soda Fountain will serve up some frightfully delicious treats just for the occasion!
- Plus… A costume conga line to end the night!
The evening’s activities will culminate at 7:00PM in the Great Hall when UNO’s The Moving Company gathers to perform “Thriller.” Children can then participate in a costume conga line before a dance party of monster jams ensues! Visitors can also take advantage of The Durham’s current travelling exhibition, Zoom Into Nano.
Regular museum admission applies. Event is free for museum members.